Tuesday December 20th
Lisa and Chad's Anniversary was just a few days before and my Dad decided to treat us to a double date. We were all going to see Wicked together. Lisa was especially excited because she had never seen it before.
Here we are overlooking the Bay.
This is the Marina Bay Sands hotel. Going on a tour of the hotel is about the one thing we didn't get to that we wanted to. It has an infinity pool at the top. I'm sure the view is amazing!
This is the floating soccer arena. In about 11 days we will be watching fireworks from the left hand side of the arena.
Before the show we went to a restaurant owned by the Iron Chef, Mario Batali. It was a pizzeria. I was so thirsty that I was downing the water. They asked if we wanted another bottle of water and I said, yes please. I finally realized that we must be paying for the water. Well we ended up spending $24 on two bottles of water. It was pretty much all me. Oops! Who knew water could be so expensive?
So excited! Lisa and I didn't look at the tickets but we knew ours came with some vouchers for drinks. Every time we showed the ushers our tickets they would nod "Oh, this way please." I thought it was strange. Chad and I stopped to get our drinks as Lisa and Chad headed to our seats. When we went down the hall I thought it was weird that no one else was there. The usher opened the door for us and this is what we saw!
Dad had gotten us box seats for Wicked! No wonder Chad and I came along for the anniversary fun! A box comes with 4 tickets. I had been feeling bad that we were the third wheel, but Lisa kept saying no it will be fun to go together!
We had a great view! Another once in a lifetime opportunity. I can't keep track how many once in a lifetime moments can you have in one vacation?
No comments:
Post a Comment